Detailed product information
Rear Milk Racing 16”x1.85 wheel benefits over stock:
1. Knobby and wide tire means more grip – best possible traction
2. More tire options than on stock 19″x1.4
3. Better for trail and motocross riding – a 16″ tire is fatter, so you can also go with less pressure, and it is more resistant to pinching.
4. 16″ tire is more flexible, and you can have more traction on a hard surface like rocks, etc., with lower pressure
5. Main wheel weight is closer to the rotation center, which means less power to rotate the wheel – more extended range than on 19″ or 18″ with similar tires.
6. More torque without sprocket change.
7. 16″ tire is thicker, which gives more protection for the rim
8. Stronger and wider rim
Milk Racing Wheels
Sold worldwide and test-proven by thousands of customers on six continents – the best quality/price wheels on the market. Upgraded, reinforced rims stained with anodizing process give them more scratch and corrosion-resistant surface than standard paint. Super strong upgraded stainless steel spokes and double-size brass nipples (stronger and more corrosion resistant than aluminum type) lanced with a 3-cross spoke pattern make Milk Racing wheels strong enough to withstand more than what Sur-Ron bike can stand. Our main goal is to give alternative wheel upgrade options for expensive competitors’ products and give the best product experience possible, providing as much hardware as possible to make it hassle-free for you to focus on riding rather than figuring out how to put an upgrade in.
Wheels always come with tools, spare spokes, spoke wrench, inner tube, rim band, and rim lock – you only miss fitting a tire on. If you need 100% Plug& Play wheels, we offer tire fitting as a standard offer. Wheels come ready to ride straight from the box. A tubeless system can be fitted as well. As a direct producer, we provide customization such as color combinations, dishing, etc.
MILK RACING Matte Anodized Rims
Featuring an enhanced width for optimal performance, our rims are engineered and therefore more robust compared to OEM. They come with an advanced coating that offers heightened scratch resistance.
– CNC machined from aluminum alloy
– 2x Sealed Bearing
– Double o-ring sealing (axle and spacer)
– 20x110mm size
– MTB Rotor Bolt Pattern
OEM Sur-Ron Rear Hub
– 2x Sealed Bearing
– Sur-Ron OEM Brake Disc Bolt Pattern
– 36x Stainless Steel 2.6mm/12G Spokes
– 36x Heavy Duty 3.00mm/10G Spokes
Brass Nickel-Plated – stronger and more corrosion-resistant than aluminum
– 5,5mm Moto Nipples Front (4,5mm tool size)
– 6,5mm Moto Nipples Rear (5,5mm tool size)
Added as standard. We believe that you should get the best upgrade possible for the best price with as little as possible hassle. The rim lock prevents spinning the tire on the rim, so you don’t rip off the inner tube valve. You can ride on lower pressure for extra grip and upgrade your power without worrying about the inner tube valve, which is a common issue after.
3-Cross Pattern – strongest possible
FITMENT – Plug&Play option
We offer tire fitment, so the wheels come Plug&Play ready to ride straight from the box, saving you time and money (we might deflate the wheel for packing purposes).
The biggest issue with oversized tires for Sur-Ron/Talaria is that they are hard to find and tell whether they will fit. So we select sizes so you don’t have to worry whether they will fit your bike.
– Generic Asian brands that are known for their excellent price-quality ratio – verified and tested by thousands of our clients worldwide and us.
– Average brands like Deli, Duro, Journey, Kenda, Heidenau, Wanda, CST, etc.
– Top-end brands such as Pirelli, Michelin, Bridgestone, Dunlop, Metzeler, Mitas, Shinko, Maxxis, etc.
– ON-ROAD – only for dry&wet pavement/asphalt application. Not suitable for off-road and winter conditions.
– OFF-ROAD – great for all enduro/country-cross/motocross applications. Not suitable for on-road – almost no grip and tear off easily.
– TRIAL/DUAL – the best option if you ride both on and off-road. Long-lasting and have equal traction on all surfaces.
FRONT WHEEL tire size fitment
The front fork is key. We cannot advise on every fork brand&model as all of them are different, but here are a few tips:
Any of our 21″ tires will fit any upside-down fork like a DNM Volcano inverted OEM fork, Manitou Dorado, DVO Onyx, or KKE. Also to standard (not inverted) Marzocchi Bomber 58, Fox 40, and other 27.5″ and 29″ size forks works with any 21″ wheel/tire. Almost all 26″ forks, along with RST Killah, are NOT compatible with 21″ wheels/tires.
WIDE 19″, 18″, and 16″ tire sizes will fit the above-mentioned forks, but it might hit fork covers, so you would need to either trim the tire, cut the covers, or take the covers off
REGULAR 19″, 18″, and 16″ tire sizes will fit almost any fork.
Any SUPERWIDE tire will fit ONLY* DNM front fork (or sometimes FOX), but it might need to be trimmed, or/and fork covers need to be cut or taken off. Nevertheless, we do not recommend this size for the front as it might rub the fork at some point.
For KKE, RST Killah, FASTACE, or Talaria Factory forks with 19″ 18″ 16″ wheels, you should go only with REGULAR tire size. Those forks are very narrow at the bottom of the upper section, which may cause WIDE/SUPERWIDE tire rub.
Please contact us if you have any questions or doubts about fork fitment – we can advise you about tire width so you can decide yourself based on the very fork you have.
REAR WHEEL tire size fitment
– REGURAL, WIDE (any diameter) size – no wheel modification
– SUPERWIDE (any diameter) size – wheel modification is required so the tire doesn’t interfere with the chain.
– Dishing/offsetting – We move the rim to the left on spokes
– Trimming – we trim the tire knobs
We highly recommend Dishing option – no grip loss on one side of the tire.
No modification is required on the bike itself for REGURAL, WIDE tire size. For SUPERWIDE, depending on your chain length, you might need to change the kickstand bolt for shorter (we include the bolt in the package). Installation details in MANUALS.
TUBELESS SYSTEM for off-road application
NUETECH Tubliss Gen. 2.0 – the best possible upgrade for the wheel. It allows you to run much lower tire pressures safely, and dropping the pressure increases the contact patch, instantly increasing traction and providing protection for the rim. The stiffer the tire’s sidewall, the lower pressure you can run – this creates a new level of traction and performance.
TUBELESS SYSTEM for on-road application
100% Plug&Play compatibility with OEM for the STANDARD option. Please refer to custom options and tire fitment tabs details.
TALARIA STING (every year of manufacture)
WHATS IN THE BOX
– Milk Racing wheels set (rim, spokes, nipples, hub)
– Rim Locks (only for off-road wheels)
– Inner Tubes
– Rim bands
– Spare spokes and nipples
– Spoke wrench for spokes tightening
– Thread-Locking fluid
All necessary tools: wrench, Allen keys, torx key for disc brake bolts (disc brake needs to be swapped from OEM wheel), etc.
WHAT YOU NEED: Your existing OEM rear hub spacers, Sensor Gear and (if not selected):
– Brake Disks
We always do our best to ship orders long before the deadline. After purchase, you will receive an e-mail with a link to track the order’s status and to check the estimated shipping date.
Contact us before ordering for more detailed information about the current lead time if necessary.
Please notice that the order starts proceeding only when we receive the payment.
If the custom option is selected, the lead time represents “Usually ships in:” time + time for for the longest custom option.
E.g., “Usually ships in 5-7 days” + “TIRE FITMENT: 2 weeks proceed time” = 3 weeks proceed time.
If the product/custom option is in BACKORDER, it means that you can make an order, but the lead time is unknown yet, and we will postpone shipping until it’s back in stock. Contact us before ordering for more backorder details if necessary.
DIFFERENT MULTIPLE PRODUCTS
The shipping for multiple products will begin from the longest lead time product of the order. Please make separate orders if necessary.
SAME MULTIPLE PRODUCTS
Orders with the same multiple products may be delayed depending on the quantity ordered. Please get in touch with us before a big order for a more precise lead time if necessary.
The shipping method (priority or economy) does not affect the lead time (manufacturing time) of your order. We know that time is of the essence, so we make every effort to fulfill your order as soon as possible, regardless of whether the shipping is economy or priority.